Recruiters and Hiring Managers can learn about the recommended practices that should be followed while marking Test cases in programming-based questions.
- It is advised to mark the first few Test cases as Sample Test cases. Marking Sample Test cases anywhere randomly from the Test case list can confuse the test-taking candidates.
- The Sample Test cases are visible to the candidates. Hence, you should assign zero marks to the Sample Test cases. Only the Hidden Test cases should carry actual marks.
- It is recommended to assign variable marks to different Test cases depending upon their difficulty and criticality.
- The marking system should be simple yet effective so that it can be easily understood by any other question setter.
- It is a standard practice to have at least 15 Test cases and to mark 3 of them as Sample Test cases.
- WeCP recommends the following marking scheme for the Test cases of different difficulty levels:
Easy: 50, Medium: 75, Difficult: 100
Read More How can I add marks to programming related questions?
Please sign in to leave a comment.